We all know by now store-bought muesli that claims to be healthy is packed with sugar and god know what else.
The thing is, it is SUPER easy and quick to make your own.
AND you can make it to how you like.
The main ingredients you need and which you can use such a variant of:
- Oats (rolled, gluten-free)
- Fruit (berries, apple, banana, mango....)
- Dried Fruit (apricots, dates, raisins, pineapple.....)
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, Brazil....)
- Seeds (chia, flax, sunflower....)
- Cocoa (nibs / powder)
- Greens Powders
- Fruit Powders
- Milk (dairy, almond, coconut, soya)
- Protein (whey, vegan)
The best thing about homemade muesli is it can be whatever you want!!!
My typical muesli looks like
- Gluten free porridge oats - 30g
- Chia seeds - 5g
- Flaxseed - 5g
- Seed mix - 5g
- Cocoa nibs - 5g
- Blueberries - 30g
- Vegan protein shake (optional) - 20g
- Almond milk - 150ml
Now you can either pre-mix these (minus the fresh fruit) and serve up the desired weight or make it each morning which I do. It literally takes 2 minutes.
Just because it has 6 more ingredients than coco pops, doesn't mean it takes a lot of extra time or effort.
This is excellent and balanced: it has complex carbohydrates, protein, healthy fats and fresh fruit. Now what more could your body want?